- Find out who is working on the problem and if it will it be corrected immediately?
- Calling building management and utilities company for status updates.
- Find nearest location with Wi-Fi access where we can immediately convene to maintain continuity of our operation.
- Find alternative temporary office space in case the situation does not resolve quickly.
- Call drivers and other resources to let them know what is going on, and instruct them to use alternate phone numbers to stay in communication.
- Call key clients to let them know what is going on and offer alternate phone numbers to stay in communication.
There are dozens of things to do as you plan for your cross country move. You may be looking for a new place to live, work out your current utilities, say goodbye to old friends, make arrangements for banking, and of course, pack your belongings for the long journey. Here are a few tips that should make the process a bit easier:
- Edit your belongings. Take a look around your home and determine what needs to go and what can be donated to charity. You may be surprised by the things you have been keeping around but don’t actually use. Moving is simply easier after you have edited.
- Make a list as soon as you know you’re moving. Schedule tasks so they won’t all hit at the same time. For example, four weeks out schedule utility turn offs. Two weeks out, make sure you have all the boxes and packing materials you will need to safely ship your belongings. Several days before you move, begin to fill those boxes.
- Provide adequate padding. It’s unlikely that you have ever heard anyone complain that their belongings were “too well protected.” Bubble wrap, newspaper, and old towels and bedding can all be used to wrap your items before placing them in a moving box.
- Pack carefully. Just as you would not place eggs or bread at the bottom of a shopping bag, don’t place breakable items at the bottom of a moving box unless it’s going to be the only item in there. The same holds true if you’re packing your own moving truck. Make sure heavy, sturdy boxes are at the bottom and stack more fragile items atop that base. Make sure to secure all items with moving straps in order to prevent them from spilling over in transit.
Moving can be stressful, but it can also be exhilarating. A new chapter in life just waiting to be explored.
Have you ever seen that episode of ‘Broad City’ where Abbi volunteers to wait for a package for her neighbor? The package is expected during a specified time but something happens where she can no longer wait for the delivery.
In the time that she’s unavailable, the package comes and gets sent back to the source. Abbi spends hours trying to get the package back but without a POD (proof of delivery) the task at hand is pretty tricky.
While it makes for an entertaining episode, we all know how frustrating that can be. That’s why, at Eveready Express, we take our POD seriously.
With our Promise Commitment Times, you’ll know exactly when your package will arrive. If you know that you’re not going to be home by that time, have your package delivered to your office or place of work. We want you to accept your package with ease.
When it comes to getting your package or message delivered on time, we don’t mess around. In fact, our guarantee beats everyone else in the industry:
“If we don’t deliver when we promise, the delivery is free!”
Of course there are a few exclusions, but our package delivery attempt will happen by our promised commitment time. Now, let’s take a look at a few other common questions to help get you up to speed on the Eveready Express process. The account process is always something that people seem to get confused about. Here’s the deal. You don’t need an account to use our shipping services—we take Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. If you do make an account, however, you have a few added perks to non-account holders. Simply fill out a web registration form or contact customer service to get the account process and credit application going. Once this is done, you can easily obtain a login and password. From here, you can get free quotes and even set up a delivery or messenger service on our website (without downloading any programs).